Some firmwares support rebooting to Emergency Download (EDL) mode in Android Bootloader aboot module (the "reboot-edl" command) but fastboot utility doesn't recognize "reboot-edl" in the command line and refuses to send the command to the device.
Since FastBoot protocol is simple and text-based, it is enough to send a packet containing "reboot-edl" text over USB. The simplest way to do that is to patch Windows fastboot.exe file, replacing "reboot-bootloader" text with "reboot-edl". As "reboot-bootloader" string is found in the command line, fastboot.exe sends the same constant string to the device. So if "reboot-bootloader" is replaced with "reboot-edl", you can specify "reboot-edl" in the command line and the same text will be sent to the device.
I occasionally locked bootloader in my officially unlocked/rooted Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro (Snapdragon) so it could only boot to FastBoot or Diagnostic 900E modes. Tried to swich from 900E to 9008 with QPST but it reported unspecified error.
Analyzing aboot (emmc_appsboot.mbn) found that it supports "reboot-edl" so the only thing remaining was to find a way to send it.
With patched fastboot.exe, successfully rebooted to EDL mode (9008) and re-flashed proper partition images.
Unfortunately, ZIP attachment doesn't work (reports that file size exceeds the limit while the size is just 130 kb) so you can download the binary here:
Unfortunately, forum server doesn't allow to attach the archive here or make a clickable link.
Therefore, to switch your half-bricked phone to EDL mode, you should do the following:
- Download the archive attached to the post mentioned above, and unpack it to an empty folder.
- Boot the phone into FastBoot mode by holding both Volume Down and Power buttons until the bunny appears.
- Connect the phone to the PC.
- Double-click the "edl" (edl.cmd) file.
- If the bunny disappears, your phone was rebooted and now should be in EDL mode (LED should flash red but not always).
- Run MiFlash, wait 3-5 seconds and click "Refresh", COM port should appear in the list.
- Proceed with MiFlash as described in the appropriate topics.
To check if this method can work for your device, open aboot image from FastBoot firmware file set (emmc_appsboot.mbn or similar file) in a hex viewer/editor and search for "reboot-edl" string.
Credit dev, patch & file emuzychenko@().
- Eits..!! Sepertinya kamu belum masuk ke akun kamu, kamu harus ke akun kamu untuk mengunduh berkas di sini.
- Hai Mi Fans. jangan sampai salah membeli Xiaomi Aksesoris atau Xiaomi Phone yah . Kita punya rekomendasi buat kamu yang ingin beli produk Xiaomi yang sudah pasti Terpercaya dan lengkap . Semua produk Xiaomi ada di sini.
Fastboot Patch EDL Mode 1.0
Fastboot Patch untuk masuk ke EDL Mode via fastboot